*Feelings, La Leche League Meeting, & Threenager Moments*

So, we’re up at 6 a.m. again. I am feeling a bit sad that I have to return to work tomorrow. My husband said that it was more like a “tease.” I work tomorrow and then have the weekend off. My days are super busy with 2 kids. I know I have to work Thanksgiving, but it’s one of my favorite holidays. I thoroughly enjoy all of the food. Usually, if I am working the poker floor, I get to go home early. If I did my calculations right, I will be upstairs in poker. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? I am falling apart about going back to work. I did it with Giulietta, but this time, I did not miss my job at all. It was definitely great to be with my children. I soaked up every single moment. 
At 9:20 a.m. Giovanni and I headed to a La Leche League meeting. It’s wonderful to meet other breastfeeding mothers and listen to their stories. One woman had a 7 month old and experienced many of the same struggles I did with Giulietta. I had bleeding and cracked nipples, sore nipples, clogged ducts, etc. These all sound like nightmares to mothers who aren’t breastfeeding, but once you overcome everything, it’s the best feeling ever. We discussed how to try and deal with my overactive letdown. One mom suggested I tilt my nipple towards the roof of Giovanni’s mouth and let gravity take over. Unfortunately, that process still did not work for me. Another mom told me about how she only lasted a week at her job after giving birth because her baby refused the bottle. She suggested that if baby doesn’t take a bottle, to try a straw because it has the same sucking mechanisms as breastfeeding. Another thing that can be used is a syringe. Some babies despise the bottle. Giulietta definitely hated every single bottle placed in front of her. Giovanni only seems to like his milk chilled after I pump. We should have tried that with Giulietta. Some other things we can try are breast milk pops. They’re a wonder when baby is teething.
Giulietta has been a holy terror today. She wants to pampered. I don’t blame her, my pumpkin! She requested MASHA AND BEAR, which I allowed her to watch. For whatever reason, I really dislike Masha. Giovanni seemed to drift his eyes towards the colors as well. My friend Paulie visited today, which was the highlight of my day. It’s always fun to bs with him. While Paulie was over, Giulietta unintentionally almost jumped on a sleeping Giovanni. I flipped out a little more than I should have. I got really anxious thinking about work. I applied to VIP KIDZ for a side job teaching Chinese kids English and all I have to do is pass the interview process. It will be an interesting process if I can find the time to push myself. Being a mom involves plenty of multitasking. I have to motivate myself for the future. I usually write more, but tonight I am feeling kind of down, so please excuse me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Life, Work Life, Pumping Life, & How do I know if I am producing enough?*

2020/ Part 2

** Resuming the Writing **