*Thanksgiving, Work, Boobie Awards, & Christmas*

At 7:00 a.m., my alarm clock went off and it was time to hop in the shower. My day initiated very well. Giulietta woke up at 7:30 a.m. and jumped up to get ready for school. I dressed her up in her sweet, sassy, and southern outfit. She looked super fashionable. It was show and tell day at school, so she had a convertible car for the letter of the week, “c.” She as great at show and tell. She came home with beautiful hand prints that she created for thanksgiving. Giovanni missed Mommy so much at work.. Joey tried every bottle known to man that we have in the house, but he fought with Daddy and drank slowly. He took two ounces after kicking and screaming with his father and then another ounce an hour later. It was nice to see old customers at my job. They were very generous. It was a little weird to pump so often. Honestly, it felt as if I never stopped. One of my co-workers told me that I don’t need to pump after 6 months. If you educate yourself on breastfeeding, you need to pump for at least the first year of baby’s life. I have always taught myself to shrug off comments from people who don’t understand my dedication. Baby needs approximately 1 oz an hour if you pace feed, and I was gone for 6 hours People always think it increases for a breastfed baby, but that is completely false. Breastfed babies tummies are a lot smaller than the formula fed infant. Giovanni only drank 4 oz while I was gone, which wasn’t ideal, but sometimes they miss Mommy too much.. It was completely heartbreaking to hear him scream in the background when I called daddy. With time, it shall pass. The pump room at work was relaxing. I was able to pump and make phone calls. The only thing that wasn’t ideal was the temperature of the room. It was pretty hot, especially since I was rushing back and forth. As I have previously mentioned, to maintain a proper supply, I have to pump at least every 2-3 hours. I am so nervous that for whatever reason, something will prevent me from pumping as long as I want to. With breastfeeding there are periodic goals. My first is 6 months, the second is 12 months, the third is 18 months, and the fourth is 24 months. This is the full list of awards for mommies that hit all of the following milestones.
• Bronze = 3 months of nursing
  • Silver = 6 months of nursing
  • Jade = 9 months of nursing
  • Gold = 12 months of nursing
  • Diamond = 18 months of nursing
  • Platinum = 24 months of nursing. 
My overall goal is 24 months, but I will celebrate all of the months. With breastfeeding and with all of the precious moments in a child’s life, they must be cherished. I am proud to announce that I have appreciated every single moment with my children thus far. It is not easy being a full time working mom. You miss a lot of things in your children’s life. Sometimes, this makes parents miserable, but unfortunately things cannot be changed. It’s heartbreaking, but you have to remind yourself that everything you do is for them. I will not allow anything or anyone to interfere with our breastfeeding journey. My children will always come first. Giovanni was so happy to see me when I got off work. Thankfully, I got to go home an hour early. It was a true blessing because Monday and Tuesday I cannot leave early. I am a closer on the shift, which is going to be extremely interesting and difficult. I enjoy being independent, but as previously mentioned, I miss my kids. They're so little and I don't want them to ever say that they missed me being there for an event. That is my worst nightmare because I know how it feels. My mom dedicated her all to her career when I was a child, so I could have nice things, but it was truly difficult. Unfortunately, I remember when she wasn't there. Those moments broke my heart. I am blessed to have an amazing mother and to spend so much more time with her as an adult. I am also fortunate to have a grandmother that was always there when my mother could not be. We share a very special and unique bond. I love my Nonna with all of my heart.  
My weekend was very busy. We took Christmas photos yesterday in Davie at Robbins Lodge. It was such a breathtaking venue. I was also able to spend some time with one of my best friends. So, I am happy to shoot a few words in the blog tonight. Unfortunately, Giulietta is feeling a little sick. Hopefully, she's better by tomorrow and can go to school. Good night world!











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Life, Work Life, Pumping Life, & How do I know if I am producing enough?*

2020/ Part 2

** Resuming the Writing **