** Resuming the Writing **

So, I know I haven’t posted for a while. I know my posts were something to look forward to. My Nonna came to town and the holidays were pretty insane. So many things have evolved since the last time I wrote. Work has been steady. I truly love the team that I work with. They are a bunch of well rounded individuals with diverse passions and integrities. My main drive has always led to writing. A simple pencil and paper have always allowed me to express things I have never been able to word. I have always won people over with my words. I have made them cry, laugh, and feel. That is what dreams are made of. If something brings a smile to your innermost being, don’t ever give up on it. Life is full of wasted opportunities. I know I should have quoted the previous sentence. I do not want to become someone that decided to lose a dream. I want to strive for the purpose of it all. I want to create a legacy to follow. I can write about this each and every day. I absolutely love writing! With a 5 month old, writing becomes tough. Especially with a 3 year old. You’re constantly helping that toddler with their own projects. Sometimes, it becomes so easy to give up on your own. I like to call my breaks pauses. So, who cares if I took a break? I have finally started up again and I am loving it. There are so many things going on right now that I do not know where to begin. Saturday was my mother’s birthday and I had a vintage burlap custom made sign made for her. It was so precious and truly inexpensive. My mother loved it. The best gifts are the most sentimental. 
###There has been a recent flu epidemic in this country. It has killed many people and children around the world. South Florida has been hit with some of the worst cases. As a parent, it’s horrifying. Any single symptom can end tragically. Some of my coworkers got it the worst. One didn’t even know she had the flu! The other had influenza A, which can attack the lungs and cause pneumonia. Friday, my daughter woke up all congested. I immediately called her doctor. No one answered. So, I made an appointment at the CVS minute clinic. They tested her for the flu and strep. Luckily, she just had a cold. We kept her hydrated and bought Gatorade. My daughter is the pickiest person in the world. If it’s not sweet, she won’t eat it. It may sound insane, but she does love salad, chicken, and vegetables. I don’t understand because I followed the first food guidelines (vegetables before fruits). She eats when she wants and when she is hungry. Some days she eats more than others. At times, getting her to drink water can also be a task. My husband says to make it interesting for her. I try as much as I can. He forgets that she is a 3 year old sometimes. I do to. I always have to remember that she is still a little baby as well. I need to give her as much attention as I do my son, but sometimes it’s rough. It’s hardest on her and I feel so bad. She still needs her mommy. She will always need her mommy. She tests my patience, but it’s okay. I love her school. They send her home with so many projects and they’re very enjoyable. She also started going to school all day. She attends Monday, Wednesday, and Friday until 3:00 p.m. We bought little troll cards for valentines that come with tattoos to exchange with her classmates. It’s amazing to step back in time with my daughter because I remember the ones that I received as a child. She gets to wear her pajamas to school on Wednesday for Valentine’s day! It’s so cool to see new traditions. I may not be able to afford Montessori Schools forever, but I truly adore their teaching practices. Since she is at school all day long, we got a sleep mat for nap time. She will take one at school, but never at home! Playground and outside time is her favorite activity.
### Giulietta has transitioned very well to her own bed. She loves the Disney sheets. So far, she has an Elsa and Anna sheet set from Frozen, Doc McStuffins, Sofia, The First, and Shopkins. I think she believes that she is sleeping with the characters. It’s so funny! I’ll never forget her reaction to the Shopkins sheets. “OH my god, Mommy! Thank you soo much!” It was so rewarding to hear her appreciation. Especially because I feel guilty for not giving her enough of my time. I like her to feel special. She is my special little girl. She has not woken up one in the middle of the night to come to our room, which is amazing. She also has a big screen tv in her room, so she’s constantly watching Power Rangers and Zootopia on Netflix. Obviously, we put the volume to Zero on school nights and she still falls asleep. 
### At five months old, Giovanni is in size 4 diapers, wears 9-12 months clothing, waves, rolls over and says, “da-da.” He only says, “ma-ma” when he’s extremely tired or upset. He is teething and drooling so much! No teeth have broken through yet, which is extremely different than Giulietta. She had her first tooth at 4 months old. Giovanni is extremely interested in food. I was going to wait until his 6 months birthday, but we may start the week before. I will start vegetables first. He seems more interested in food than Giulietta was at his age. We will see how it goes and I will keep everyone updated. Giovanni is huge! He is growing so much and so fast! He is in the 97th percentile for everything! He loves kisses and enjoys being smooched. I am going to purée Giovanni’s food. I know food before one is just for fun, so it’s okay if he doesn’t LOVE IT. We bought a bouncer and an exersaucer door jumper for Giovanni! He loves them, but what her loves the most is the door jumper. He will bounce around for 30 mins straight and even fall asleep in there. This past weekend, we tried the take along seat that hooks on to the dining table and he enjoyed playing in it as well. Last night, I put him in the small floor high chair for the first time with toys and he loved it!
### For the new year, Mommy chopped off her hair and got more highlights to blend the grays together! I get so many compliments on it. I figured, let me enjoy the rest of my 20’s. I have also been trying to perfect the brow technique with Anastasia’s brow duo. It’s not easy! Work is fun. I call myself the job psychiatrist. Many people entrust pieces of their lives with me. They always have. I should have been a psychologist in life. I have contemplated many things, but my passion lies within my words! I love to blog! I love to write. Writing is everything. One of my college classmates just started video blogging (vlogging) and she is so inspiring! It’s amazing to see her work. Maybe it’s something I would love to try in the future. 
### Breastfeeding has still been flowing wonderfully! I can say that we have been doing it for 5 1/2 months. It’s extremely rewarding!!! I have also donated over 300 oz of breastmilk to mommies in need! Isn’t that great??!! We still use the baby wrap carrier when we go out and Giovanni enjoys napping in there. He is such a wonderful little boy! I can’t wait to see how he evolves. The entire family adores him. We have been doing amazing with our vaccines as well. I am contemplating the flu shot for him as soon as he turns 6 months. Only because it has become so detrimental. Giulietta and I got ours 2 weeks ago. I often wonder if it’s as severe as the mediator depicts it to be or if it’s just a way to have us get the shot. People are dying every day from the flu. It’s petrifying! If you’re going to get it, it’s inevitable. The shot is only 32% effective, so we shall see. It’s so wonderful to write again. It’s fun that I will be able to share my ideas and progresses in life as a parent with you! Life has not been easy lately. It will get better.. You always have to have faith!!














Sent from my iPhone

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Toddler Life, Work Life, Pumping Life, & How do I know if I am producing enough?*

2020/ Part 2